Monday, December 30, 2013

Create a new intention for 2014: My New Years Mantra

Thousands of New Years resolutions are flooding my inbox, plastered in magazines and all over the internet. Lose weight! Spend more time with family! Save more money! New year, new you! Are you buying into any of it?

I'm not. Also, there is nothing more soul-crushing disheartening than being at a holiday party enjoying desserts and drinks, and someone brings up how they want to lose 20 pounds this year. Enjoy yourself during the holiday season, then set an intention for the year. Nobody wants to hear complaining. People want to hear planning, motivation, and determination for a specific goal. People want to hear that you are authentic.

Interestingly, Forbes magazine has found that only 8% of people actually follow through with their New Years resolutions. Read the article here, "Just 8% of People Achieve Their New Year's Resolutions. Here's How They Do It."

Photo Credit: Bert Stern/Conde Nast Archives
 
Here's how I plan to resolve the New Years resolution crisis: read more articles and blogs about how to improve yourself (the easy part), and then get up and actually do it! A more specific mantra will be posted on my Facebook page later today.
 


Diana Antholis, creater of Unleash Your Sexy says, "I don’t set new year resolutions. I set intentions, mantras, and words to live by."
 
This year her mantra is to "Act with love." Simple, yet full of intention.
Image taken from: Act with Love

Her powerful words changed the way I thought about New Years resolutions. I was always unsure of the idea that setting resolutions could really change your current situation, but now I am convinced that Diana's way of setting mantras is most effective. Click here to read more about her mantra this year.

Image taken from: Do This Right Now...

Another person I am inspired by is Molly Ford, creater of Smart, Pretty & Awkward and her smooth determination to walk further in 2014. She advises taking extra steps when you get on the train to get to the good seats in the back (many others just park themselves on the first or second car). Taking extra steps and walking further towards a goal can be very rewarding! 
What is your mantra for the coming year? What steps are you going to take to live it? Lastly, I would like to end this post with a quote that I hope serves you well.
Happy New Year!

Neil Gaiman's My New Year Wish
 
Love always,
Elizabeth Kate
 




No comments:

Post a Comment